5 Things You May Not Know About Hair Removal
How to remove unwanted facial hair? Whether to go for shaving, waxing, electrolysis, or threading? Should I go for permanent hair removal? Which is the best underarm hair removal method?
When it comes to hair removal lots of questions certainly knock your mind. From just a few stray hairs to a whole forest, removing unwanted hair is a subject of personal choice. With new products and techniques introducing every day, deciding what is right can be a daunting task. Here are some things that you might not know about hair removal-
- If you wax regularly, the hair texture changes and becomes smoother after a few waxing sessions. When you wax regularly, it becomes easy and pain-free to remove hair. Also, waxing regularly saves you from the stubbly regrowth of hair which scares every woman.
- Shaving or trimming your hair before getting waxed is not at all a good idea. It can make hair too short to wax and thus make your waxing experience more painful. Hair should be long enough to get it removed quickly and with minimal pain.
- Exfoliating your skin a day or two before getting waxed /shaved can give you the best results. Exfoliating opens the skin pores and removes oil and thus helps get a closer shave and have smooth skin. It also prevents ingrown hairs.
- Hair removal does not mean you need to rush to the salons to get it done. Many of us think that waxing is painful and can only be done in a parlor/salon to get it done. Waxing certainly needs the right technique. However, easy home waxing kits are available nowadays. These kits have everything including pre-waxed strips, wipes, etc. to get smooth, hairless skin with minimal pain. Ready-to-use pre-waxed strips mean no mess. They can be used easily to remove unwanted facial, underarms, and even pubic hair.
- Gone are the days when hair removal creams were all about unpleasant smell and waiting long till the cream works. Nowadays depilatories come in a wide variety of fragrances as well as skin types. Furthermore, you do not need to wait too long. Advanced hair removal creams are safer and take just 3 to 5 minutes to get smooth and hairless skin.
These little things can make your hair removal experience easier and less painful. You can choose any hair removal method or product that best suits your skin type. It is always recommended to read labels, follow instructions, and do patch skin tests before applying any hair removal product. This will save you from any kind of skin reaction, irritation, or burns. You can also consult your dermatologist for the best hair removal techniques and correct ways to remove unwanted hair.