Skin- The mirror of our mind
Our skin is not only necessary for our appearance, but necessary because our skin performs many essential tasks for our body. Daily basis protection is required for all types of skin.
Use a type of cleanser that does not tighten the skin after washing the face. In a day don’t wash your face more than twice. You can try K-beauty products for better results.
Vitamin C added serum is good for morning. Retinol is good for night.
Oily skin needs moisturizer. The moisturizer for oily skin should be of light weight; the gel is the best and does not block the pores. Dry skin needs a cream based moisturizer.
30SPF sunscreen should be used 15 minutes before going anywhere. Darker skin needs more sun protection because it is very difficult to fix the hyper pigmentation in darker skin.
Patch testing for any new product is needed.
- Firstly apply a little amount of product on your skin in a discreet area.
- Wait for 48 hours and then see if there is any reaction
- After 96 hours, check whether there is any allergic reaction in the area or not.
- Allergic reactions often cause irritation, redness and small bumps. If you have any of these symptoms on the place where the test has been done, then you have to wash the place with water and a gentle cleanser.
Here are some of the ingredients to be aware of:
Lemon contains citric acid so sun exposure can cause dark spots on the skin. Lemon juices can dry and irritate the skin.
The raw form of garlic can cause skin allergies (eczema), skin inflammation and watery blisters.
Toothpaste ingredients kill germs and absorb oils as well as it dries and irritates the skin,
Sugar is too harsh for the skin.
Vitamin E can irritate the skin.
Things That You Shouldn’t Do
When we tempt to squeeze a pimple, we do the most damage to our skin. As a result of acne, mechania, bacteria returns back to the pores. After picking and squeezing, a scar or brown spot appears on the skin which is called post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation. Stress hormones like cortisol are responsible for skin discoloration, thinning skin, and stretch marks. Proper sleep decreases this hormone.
Keep in Mind
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- It should be better to change your pillow cases at least once in a week
- Wash or wrap up your hair before bed
- Wear sunscreen regularly and apply it 15 minutes before going out
- Quit smoking
However, you can use Korean skincare products on a daily basis for a better result.